Over at oneforty.com they are singing the praises of Twitter. And, you need to pay attention to what they are saying:
Even in 2011, there are many people who are hesitant or skeptical regarding the use and benefits of Twitter. I shake my head and “sigh” at these folks. Twitter, although simple to begin using (such as tweeting, retweeting, hashtags, etc), is not so simple to finesse and engage with. It takes time and effort to get the art and science balance of Twitter and its benefits. But when used correctly, brands (whether personal or companies) can truly increase their marketing efforts. Thus, it is not an app that is going to go away anytime soon…face it folks, Twitter is still here and you should take the time to embrace it. And here’s why…
1. Customer Service: Like the idea of instant customer service in real-time? Who doesn’t?
2. Targeted element: Rather than reaching out to the mass media and just Tweeting to no-man’s-land…Twitter helps people target who they’re talking to.
3. Open vs. closed: Certain platforms are good for some things and others are better for other things. But the way Twitter is set up, it’s very easy for businesses to have a conversation with customers but still drive traffic to their site and take the conversation and activity elsewhere.
4. Building Relationships: Unlike those who just Tweet stuff about themselves, Twitter can be a great vehicle to build relationships with both potential and current consumers.
5. All the cool kids are doing it: When a social media tool goes beyond brands and trendy people using it, that’s when it causes a real stir.
Eds. Note: Read the entire post here. This is not my work and all credit goes to: http://oneforty.com/blog/5-reasons-why-twitter-is-not-a-fad/